14 November 2013

Holden Zane

The birth of Holden starts before his birthdate! 
Sept 28th we took Shepard to the Pumpkin patch. At the pumpkin patch there was a corn maze so we took a walk threw that looking for pumpkin questions, during the maze I had one huge contraction where I felt him drop. 

Later that night I was talking to my mom and she informed me she was showing up the next day, that she was in a hotel half way between her house and mine. 

My mom gets there sometime around noon on the 29th of September, she only was able to be there for a few days she had to be back at work on the 2ed of October, I had been saying all along that he would be born on October 1st, so I was teasing my mom that she would be heading back home on his birthday. 
Shepard and I on our balls! 


On September 30th I had an appointment with my midwife, I had asked her to check me and I was 4cm with my bag of water bulging. 
Still not sure when we where having a baby we head to Earth fare (an organic grocery store) and then to Ruby Tuesday for diner. 

Right after we ordered I got the first big contraction, I walked to the bathroom and had another contraction, but still was feeling good. I came out and got me a salad from the salad bar. After I finished eating my salad I had a couple more big contractions so I started walking around to the empty table next to us. I had to walk to the bathroom again and this time I had my bloody show. I came back out and told my mom and Tim that no one was sleeping tonight.

We then got our dinner and I packed mine to-go since by that point the contractions where 5 mins apart and my appetite was gone, Tim then got the check and we headed back to the house around 8pm, when we got home my contractions where about 2-3 mins apart, Tim headed up stairs to get Shepard to bed as I worked on getting a sitter and my Doula, Leyna.

Our sitter was coming from a half hour away, so Tim calls one of his class mates from two doors down. Once he got there I was on my hands and knees with contractions almost on top of one another.

We finally got everything together and left the house around 8:45pm and got to the hospital about 9 pm. Tim dropped me and my mom off at the door and we headed to check in. After getting checked in on my walk to the floor I had to drop to my knees a few times.

As I walked into my room they had the tub prepped and ready to go, the nurse then checked me and I was 8cm, I then headed to the tub around 9:15pm.

Stepping into the tub took all the pressure off me, I felt the best I had felt since the contractions started.
Tim and Leyna showed up a few minutes later and both helping me and talking me threw the contractions. 
I started to feel overwhelmed by everyone being in the little bathroom and all the talking plus my contraction going fast and hard so I asked everyone to just leave the room. Everyone including my nurse and midwife left the room and I took a few deep breaths and told myself that I had this. In that moment my body convulsed into a natural push on its own and I yelled for everyone to come back in. 

As everyone came back in I reached down and could feel my bag of water bulging out, seriously one of the coolest things I ever felt! It was slick like a full water ballon. 
It took me a bit to get in a good position, I wanted to lean back but the tub was laying me too far back, so I told my husband to drop his pants and get in the tub, and he did no questions asked! Tim held me up in his arms and I was able to grip onto his knees and push. As Holden came out I watched my midwife grab the sizers, when I realized Holden was still in his bag of water. In the next second I had a baby on my chest! And when the time was asked it was only 9:36pm! 
All that took place in about 15 mins, it felt like forever and no time at all at the same time. 


I just sat there holding my new baby cuddled up in my husband's arms, as we waited for the cord to stop pulsing. I felt so happy and so relaxed at that point, this birth was everything I
hoped for! I had great support and awesome midwife and a wonderful birthing center!
After the cord was milked, Tim leaned over me and cut the cord.






After all that fun I got out of the tub and headed to the bed to be checked and to birth the placenta. I had a 3rd degree tare and had to get stitched up, but the whole time I was getting stitched up I got to hold onto Holden!
I was bleeding more than they would like so I ended up getting a shot of pitocin in my hip to help clamp my uterus down.

I was laying in bed holing Holden when all the sudden I started feeling sick and hot like I was gonna throw up. I knew I was gonna pass out so I passed off Holden to Tim. I got hooked up to an IV at that point and I'm not sure all what happened next hour or so.
Though I know his stats where taken then, Holden Zane was 8lbs 7oz and 19 in long! Completely perfect even with a purple head!

The next day big brother Shepard got to come and meet "little brother" and our family of 4 was all together for the first time!

*photos by my mom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.