
At 30 weeks Shepard threw us all for a loop in wanting to be an over achiever like his Daddy and tried making an early appearance!
I had a normal doctor's appointment on September 6th and I had brought up concern about some spotting I had, so I was checked just to be sure and sure enough I was dilated one centimeter! So I was hoked up to the fetal monitor to check to see if I was contracting and after 20 min's on the monitor they saw that I was every contracting every two minutes!
I was then sent to the hospital where I was put on medications to stop my contractions. After 24 hours my contractions had stopped and the doctors wanted to keep me just one more night for observation before sending me home, during the night something happened to make Shepard’s heart-rate decelerated a few times in the night.
We where then very scared and very concerned for the heath and well being of our sweet baby boy. I had been put on a new medication during my observation, so in just to be safe they changed my meds again.
The next night I still had a few more decels and this really had my doctor concerned because I was in a hospital that did not have a NICU so on the 9th of September I was moved hospitals.
I spent two night in the new hospital and though I had a few contractions here and there nothing was too bad to raise concern.
By September 12th I saw a high risk pregnancy doctor who had gone over all my ultrasound I had done and all of my test. He told me that he thought the second meds I was put on had thined out my fulids and made it easer for Shepard to kink his cord, and now all of my fluids where back to normal he was having no more decels.
At that point I was finally released from the hospital and put on bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.